We want motivated students who are excited about civic engagement, who are interested in enhancing their debate and rhetoric skills and who are willing to work hard in order to achieve mastery of them.
How to get started
Connect with your local school coordinator. If your school does not have a program, please email us!Contact Us
How to learn
In addition to trainings offered through the Florida Debate Initiative, there is a plethora of online resources to help get you started
- FDI Resources available below are a good place to start.
- The National Speech and Debate Association has a wealth of free online materials.
- Check out different event types for a better idea of what each entails.
- One-on-One Tutoring: if you're looking for more knowledge directly, there are different websites that do online tutoring through video chat.
- Where to Look for a Script (YouTube Video)
- How to Cut a Script (YouTube Video)
- How to Pop / Morph (YouTube Video)
- Writing an Original Oratory (PDF)
- The Unspoken Rules of Speech Rounds (Article)
- Keeping Your Voice during a Tournament (Article)